Sirnaomics, Inc. is a leading clinical stage biopharmaceutical company in the discovery and development of RNAi therapeutics for treatment of cancer and fibrotic diseases. We are seeking candidates to fill the newly created position of Corporate Counsel in our headquarters in Gaithersburg, MD.
Reporting to the COO with dotted line to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of legal matters within the US and work extensively with external counsel on various legal matters impacting the company’s affiliates outside of the US.
Specifically, this person will:
- Work closely with outside legal counsel to manage US legal matters for Sirnaomics.
- Participate in the development and implementation of patent strategy for product candidates, to include working with outside counsel to prepare and file patent and related filings, various legal correspondence and other documents;
- Participate in resolution of corporate matters related to Sirnaomics international affiliates/subsidiaries, working closely with outside legal counsel, internal stakeholders and other external advisors.
- Draft and negotiate or participate in the negotiation of agreements, vendor contracts, etc., while advising management on the interpretation of executed agreements.
- And various other legal matters
To be considered for this position, the well qualified candidate will have
- Juris Doctorate degree from accredited US law school.
- Five (5) or more years practice with an established law firm or relevant in-house counsel experience, preferably working in matters relating to bio/pharma environment.
- Current member of a State Bar Association, preferably in Maryland
- Proficient legal experience in a wide range legal activities which may include one or more of the following: contracts, IP, regulatory filings and development/M&A.
- Experience with corporate governance issues (required) and corporate secretarial duties (preferred).
- Demonstrated knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to biotech/pharma businesses.
- Proficiency in Mandarin is a plus, but not required.
Sirnaomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and offers a fast paced/dynamic environment, growth opportunity, competitive compensation and a full benefits program.
For consideration, please submit your resume to Talent@Sirnaomics.com and reference 21-030. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.